Thursday, May 10, 2012

Service Learning

Literal:
For my log of hours click here.

I have completed 165 hours thus far for ROP film/video production. Below is evidence from Michelle Parker who has been keeping track of my hours.

To: Senior Team
Re: Service Learning Hours for Inez Franco
Inez has completed 165 hours in her Film/Video Production class as of 5/3/2012.  There will be additional hours yet to be completed, as class does not end until the end of May.
If you have questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Michelle Parker, M.S.C., PPS
Career Counselor


You may also contact Mr. Miller, my ROP instructor, at philmworks@ca.rr.com.

My duties in ROP include; editing, filming, screenwriting, homework assignments, creating sets and props, and everything else that has anything to do with filmmaking- like group work!


Here is some of my work







Interpretive:
The most important thing I've gained from my experience with ROP is my certificate. After 'graduating' the class I will recieve a certifcate for filmmaking- it basically means I know what's going on. Which is great in the filmmaking world! Because a lot of people don't know what's going on- on set that is.
Applied:
My science project, my research, my independent components and all my other components were centered around answering my EQ. ROP gave me a great source- Mr. Miller- to go to for help on these projects. He helped me understand the difficulties with my science fair project. Guided me through the script breakdown. And most importantly he gave me feedback on my own original screenplays for Independent Component 2. ROP was a great resource.
My service learning allowed me to excercise screenwriting. Being able to do that allowed me a closer glimpse at answering my EQ. I got to learn the ropes.
This all helped me answer my EQ becuase I had someone to go to. Someone to answer my questions. An insider to the world of filmmaking- that's pretty legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment